Marine Cell Phone Signal Boosters: Better Signals on Your Boat & Yacht
It’s hard to beat a day on the water.
Spending time floating on a calm lake with your family?
Having a get-together with friends at the dock of the bay?
Yup, there's nothing more relaxing or exhilarating than spending the day on your boat or yacht. Unless you've got poor cell phone signal. Then it becomes a list of problems:
- Poor phone calls
- Slow text messages
- Unsent emails
- Forever-loading internet access
- Spotty reception
And let’s face it: we live in a world where we're always connected and convenience is in the palm of our hands. Our social lives, our jobs, and even our safety can depend on it.
That’s why, as someone who knows about poor signal on the water, having full bars and reliable coverage is well worth the investment.
Luckily, there’s a solution: it's called a marine signal booster.
It has the ability to boost your weak 3G & 4G signal up to 32X.
Providing you better talk, text, internet, and constant connection when you're out there. Works for all phones & all US & Canadian carriers.
Why the Weak Signal?
Your cell phone’s signal strength depends on a variety of factors, some of which you can control and others you can’t.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the two main factors that can cause poor reception while on the water:
Distance from Tower
This is a big one for weak maritime signals. The signal transmitted by cell towers is sent across the globe in the form of waves. And, just like ocean waves, these waves get weaker and weaker as they get further away from their point of origin. And, unfortunately for anyone on a boat, there aren’t any cell towers at sea.
That means, the further out you travel from the shore, the weaker your cellular signal is likely to be, resulting in a higher frequency of dropped calls, achingly slow emails, and text messages that just won’t go through.
Interference is another one of the main factors behind a weak cellular signal. Concrete, metal, and structures made of other materials are common signal interferers but natural phenomena can hinder your signal strength as well. Mountains, forests, and even inclement weather and temperature variations can all play a role in weakening your signal.
And while it’s unlikely your cell signal is coming in contact with any objects from the shore to your boat, the journey from the tower to the shore might be reducing your overall signal strength.
How a Signal Booster Works
The concept behind a signal booster is a simple one: take the existing signal coming in and amplify it to a level that powers all your 3G & 4G signal. Instead raising your phone or looking for nearest cell phone tower, you can let this nifty device solve the problem for you.
Here’s how a marine signal booster works:
- Cell signal starts out strong from the cell tower then travels and weakens with distance.
- The Exterior Antenna grabs that weakened signal and sends it to the amplifier.
- The Amplifier boosts the 3G & 4G signal up to 32X.
- The Interior Antenna rebroadcasts the enhanced signal throughout the boat
- Your smartphone, tablet, and cellular devices get better speeds and service.
- Better talk & text: no more dropped calls.
- Crystal clear call quality
- Fast and faster internet & data speeds
- Reliable coverage
- More bars!
Our Top Picks for Signal Boosters for Boats and Yachts
When it comes to deciding on which signal booster to buy, without question weBoost from Wilson Electronics is the industry leader. And here are the two marine signal boosters we know get the job done.
- Boosts voice, text message, 3G & 4G LTE data
- For multiple cell devices
- Up to +50 dB gain
- Marine antenna made especially for combating sea elements
- Pro model: Up to 60% more reach from and to cell tower
- Works with all carriers, networks, and phones
The weBoost Drive 4G-X Marine Kit (Model: 470510-M) is the most powerful marine cell phone signal booster for sailing on the lake or docked at the pier.
This kit pairs the weBoost Drive 4G-X with an all-weather antenna to withstand all the sea elements. The outside antenna is a fixed installation, so placement is important.
Boosts signal inside the cabin only.
- FREE shipping, no minimum purchase.
- 90 Day money back guarantee.
- Lifetime support.
How May We Help You?
Wilson Amplifiers is the leading provider of cell phone signal boosters. Cell phone boosters amplify 3G & 4G LTE for any phone with any carrier for home, office, or vehicle.
We seriously hate dropped calls and poor coverage, so it's our goal in life to stomp on spotty signal like the little roaches they are:
- Free consultation (ask us anything) with our US-based customer support (email@example.com) or call us at 1-800-568-2723.
- Free shipping.
- Better signal or industry-leading 90 money-back guaranteed. No questions asked.
- We want everyone to be satisfied, so we provide lifetime technical support and a 2-year warranty for all products.
Ask us anything and we'll be glad to help.