T-Mobile may boast about being the nation's only UnCarrier Service, but if you're not getting any signal on your cell phone, even the cheapest plan is way too expensive.
Luckily, that's where boosting your T-Mobile 3G & 4G signal comes into play.
Let's look at why you've got poor signal and what you can do about it.
Why is My T-Mobile Service So Bad?
Cell phone signals are radio waves, the AM-FM kind. And like all wind and waves, they easily go in different directions without notice. Almost anything under the sun can change, absorb, and block your T-Mobile service. Here are the top 5 reasons:
- Cell tower distance: Physical distance and power transmission distance
- Outside interference: Trees, hills, mountains, valleys, and tall structures.
- Building material: Metal (especially metal!), glass, concrete, brick, radiant barrier, and other conductive material (electrical or magnetic).
- Internal building obstructions: Thick walls, plaster, drywall, and other electrical devices & clutter, etc.
- Even weather (yup): Rain, thunderstorms, solar flares, etc.
Any combination of these problems can drastically reduce your service and result in weak cell phone signal.
Doesn't matter if you're in a rural or urban area, poor cell phone signal affects us all. Having weak T-Mobile signal
The Solution: Boost Your Weak T-Mobile Signals
Everything changes with a cell phone signal booster.
A cell phone signal booster takes any existing 4G, LTE, 3G signal and amplifies up to 32X and then rebroadcasts the boosted signal into the home, office, or car. Buying a T-Mobile 4G LTE signal booster will result in more bars, and will last you well into the 5G era.
It's simple: more bars, better service.
- Better Coverage: Think of a signal booster like a megaphone. It takes what you have and multiplies the performance.
- Reliable Reception: No more dropped calls, spotty service, and low quality calls.
- Consistent Service: Fast internet data, uploads, and downloads.
T-Mobile Signal Boosters: Your Guarantees
Our recommended signal boosters are very versatile:
- Works for all T-Mobile MVNOs & subsidiaries (MetroPCS, Consumer Cellular, Ting, Tracfone, Mint, etc.).
- Future proof: Also boosts signal for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and other major carriers.
- Works for all phones & cellular devices.
- Complete kits, easy to install.
- No monthly fees, no need to connect to wifi.
- 5G Ready - Boost your signal into the next decade and beyond
For homes, whether you're in a remote rural area with an off-the-grid cabin or cottage or the big city with difficult-to-get-signal buildings, our recommended cell phone boosters get the job done. They'll extend your T-Mobile network signal with low-cost options for 1-2 rooms up to 7,500 sq ft coverage depending on your model and outside signal.
Our vehicle signal boosters work for cars, sedans, RVs, and even boats.
Enterprise T-Mobile signal boosters cover up to 100,000+ sq ft buildings, although it takes a dedicated team of installers and planners to get the absolute best service.
Why be a servant to the cell tower? Bring the cell tower inside your home! Below are our top recommendations.
T-Mobile Cell Phone Signal Booster For Home
The Best DIY T-Mobile Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft. of T-Mobile coverage under best conditions
- Up to +65 dB of gain, with 21 dBm uplink and 12 dBm downlink
- Multiple accessories for maximum coverage and customization (sold separately)
- Complete coverage for multiple rooms or midsize home for all carriers across multiple devices
- Outdoor yagi antenna and indoor panel antenna configuration, with stylish fabric front
The weBoost Home MultiRoom is designed to cover several rooms, an entire floor, or a whole midsize, one-story home with T-Mobile signal. As its name suggests, you can expect multiple rooms of coverage with the unit assuming decent outside T-Mobile signal. Assuming flawless outside signal, you can expect up to 5,000 square feet of coverage, but in most situations you can expect 2,000-3,000 square feet of indoor Verizon coverage. If you live in a rural area with very weak outdoor signal, expect significantly reduced coverage. In fact, if you’re in an area with next to no signal, this is the lowest grade signal booster you should ever consider buying.
It features a nice, clean look, with an indoor antenna that won't stand out amid your existing home decor.
The weBoost Home MultiRoom not only boosts T-Mobile signal, but all major North American carriers. Should you ever change carrier, the weBoost Home MultiRoom will still work.
If you live in an extremely weak signal area, have a really big house you want to cover, or just want your booster professionally installed, consider its sister product, weBoost Installed Home Complete.
The Best Professionally Installed Signal Booster for Home
- Superior cell phone service for your entire home. 5G Ready
- Up to 7,500 sq. ft. of coverage under best conditions
- Up to +72 dB of gain, with 24 dBm uplink and 12 dBm downlink
- Multiple accessories for maximum coverage and customization (sold separately)
- Complete coverage for entire home for all carriers across multiple devices
- Outdoor yagi antenna and indoor panel antenna, with stylish fabric front
- Needs no WiFi connection or monthly fees. One time purchase.
Designed, as you might expect, to cover an entire home. The weBoost Installed Home Complete certainly has that power, fully capable of covering a large home with decent outside signal or a midsize home with weak outdoor signal. Expect up to 7,500 square feet of coverage with flawless outside signal, but a more reasonable estimate would be somewhere between 3,500 and 5,500 square feet. In addition, in order to really maximize your coverage, additional antennas are required, especially if you’re trying to cover more than one floor. If you live in a very weak signal rural area, this is your best option for decent coverage - you’ll probably be getting about 2,000 square feet from it.
There are two major considerations on whether or not to buy the weBoost Installed Home Complete . This booster works best for large residential homes, suburban or rural areas, and more. The effective coverage area will vary depending on the strength of your OUTSIDE signal, so it's important to understand – if you’re expecting 7,500 square feet of coverage but have only one bar outside your home, you won’t get it. Realistic expectations of coverage in that scenario are more like 2,500-4,000 square feet.
The other major consideration is whether or not you’d prefer to install it yourself, or have someone do it for you. The weBoost Installed Home Complete is the only consumer booster currently on the market that allows for a complete, professional installation at no extra cost to you.
Note that the installation is only available for residential buildings in the United States.
1-2 room coverage:
Improves 4G, LTE, and 3G T-Mobile coverage up to 1,500 sq ft.
- High-powered range: Up to +60 dB gain for 32X stronger signal.
The weBoost Home Room is a nice cheap option if you're on a budget and only need spot coverage.
Depending on the outside signal, you may get 1-2 room coverage under best conditions. But you're not here because of best conditions, so it's more realistic to say desktop to small room coverage (about 250 to 500 sq ft).
Most customers have told us they're much closer to the inside antenna than anticipated for better signal. Great option for single office, home office (SOHO) and small areas like cabins and apartments. Good starter kit if you have decent outside signal but doesn't cover the whole home and not a strong performer in rural areas with poor signal.
T-Mobile Cell Phone Signal Boosters For Cars and Other Vehicles
The best T-Mobile Cell Phone Signal Booster for Car
- Up to +50 dB of gain - the max allowed for a mobile signal booster in North America
- Highest uplink output of any vehicle booster
- Works for all phones and all carriers, including T-Mobile
- Sleek, metallic exterior designed to displace excess heat for peak performance
- Better talk, text, and data speeds guaranteed
The weBoost Drive Reach is the newest, most powerful vehicle booster from Wilson Electronics, and is an ace at boosting T-Mobile signal.
A slim outside antenna picks up signal. A discreet inside antenna (usually Velcroed to the driver seat) broadcasts signal inside. You have to be about an arm's length to get the boosted signal, so it's best for your typical sedan, truck, or SUV.
This is the best booster no matter where you live, as not only does it reach farther to the cell towers for rural areas, but it does a better job handling more noisy, urban environments than other signal boosters on the market. Highly recommended for T-Mobile customers.
- Boosts Voice, Text Message, 3G & 4G LTE Data
- For multiple cell devices
- Up to +50 dB Gain
The weBoost Drive X has 2x the uplink power compared to the Drive 4G, but less performance than the Drive Reach. At $50 less, however, it's still a good option if you're on a budget.
- Boosts Voice, Text Messages, T-Mobile 4G, LTE, and 3G Data
- For a single smartphone
- Up to +23 dB Gain
The weBoost Drive Sleek is about price and performance for the single user.
It uses a magnetic vent mount and when paired with a bluetooth headset, it really shines for regular talk & text and hands-free navigation.
Smartphone has to be in the cradle to get maximum signal boost. New design allows for wider smartphones and small tablets.
- FREE shipping, no minimum purchase.
- 90 Day money back guarantee.
- Lifetime support.
T-Mobile Cell Phone Signal Boosters For Commercial Buildings
- Boosts Voice, Text Messages, 3G & 4G LTE Data
- For Commercial Building
- Up to +70 dB Gain
There are many cellular solutions for buildings with a range from 25K to 100K sq ft. This model happens to be the sweet spot with best coverage up to 35,000 sq ft. Many of our professional installers and their enterprise customers have been happy with this one.
- FREE shipping, no minimum purchase.
- 30 Day money back guarantee.
- Lifetime support.
Why is my T-Mobile Service So Bad?
There are many causes of weak signal, and you might be suffering from one, two, or all of them.
Is a T-Mobile Signal Booster from Wilson the same thing as a T-Mobile 4G LTE Signal Booster Duo?
Yes and no.
Yes, they both are devices that pull in 3G & 4G LTE signal to boost inside your home.
However, T-Mobile Signal Booster Duo is a window unit that is placed inside the home where signal isn't generally the strongest.
A T-Mobile Signal Booster from Wilson captures signal from the outside, usually on the roof where 3G & 4G LTE signal is much stronger before building material disrupts it as it enters your home.
Because of that, a Wilson T-Mobile signal booster manages to pull in better signal from the source, bypasses building material interference, amplifies the signal, and rebroadcasts the enchanced signal throughout your home.
Which is better: T-Mobile Signal Booster from Wilson or T-Mobile Signal Booster Duo?
If you already have broadband landline internet from an internet service provider such as Xfinity, Fios, Cox, AT&T Fiber, etc., then you can use Wi-Fi calling as a option. It's essentially free.
If you're eligible to get a T-Mobile Signal Booster Duo for free or at reduced costs and have no intention of ever switching carriers anytime soon, then go for it, especially if you live in an urban area and have decent outside signal.
If you're in an area with extremely poor reception and service, a T-Mobile Signal Booster from Wilson provides better signal indoors especially for rural areas where cell tower distance is a major problem. It's also compatible with other carriers.
What about a T-Mobile CellSpot?
A T-Mobile CellSpot needs internet (in-home WiFi router) to work. It basically connects to your router to create a personal mini cell tower, converting WiFi signal to cellular and vice versa. But here are the pitfalls:
- First, you need to have a broadband landline internet from an internet service provider such as Xfinity, Fios, Cox, AT&T Fiber, etc. to use a CellSpot.
- Second, it requires a minimum speed of 2 Mbps downlink and 0.5 Mbps uplink to provide reliable service.
- Third, your smartphone can use WiFi calling instead and it's technically free.
So it's better to go with a Wilson T-Mobile Signal Booster or T-Mobile Signal Booster Duo if you don't have a landline internet service.
Will a T-Mobile Signal Booster also improve my T-Mobile hotspot device?
T-Mobile mobile hotspot routers use 3G & 4G LTE signals, and that's what signal boosters do: enhance 3G & 4G LTE signal!
From the T-Mobile LINKZONE to other 4G routers, it'll get better signal and speeds, especially if the T-Mobile 4G router has an external antenna port that can directly connect to the T-Mobile signal booster.
Will a T-Mobile Signal Booster work with my T-Mobile phone?
Yes, yes, and yes.
Whether it's an iPhone, Galaxy, Pixel, or any phone, if it's working on the T-Mobile network, then a signal booster will also improve reception to your phone.
What if I switch carriers in the future?
Our T-Mobile signal boosters from Wilson Electronics (weBoost & WilsonPro) are multi-carrier systems. This means they are also compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, and other major and local carriers.
They are future-proof!
What about T-Mobile 5G service?
Yeah... about that.
The 5G standard has not been officially set by the 3GPP. Therefore carriers like Verizon and AT&T are pre-building our their 5G services by upgrading their current 4G LTE and giving it names like 5G Evolution, First on 5G, 5G+,etc.
But no, it's not the real 5G. It's pre-5G, fake 5G– it's literally 4G LTE on steroids.
The real 5G should launch by the end of 2020.
Will 5G make my T-Mobile signal booster obsolete?
4G LTE is still being built out across North America. If fact, 4G LTE is the backbone of the nation's wireless service. It's not going anywhere anytime soon, AND it's getting faster.
4G LTE is expected to peak in 2030-2035. So...come back in a decade and ask the same question and we might hava a different answer by then.
How May We Help You?
Wilson Amplifiers is the leading provider of cell phone signal boosters. Cell phone boosters amplify 3G & 4G LTE for any phone with any carrier for home, office, or vehicle.
We seriously hate dropped calls and poor coverage, so it's our goal in life to stomp on spotty signal like the little roaches they are:
- Free consultation (ask us anything) with our US-based customer support (email@example.com) or call us at 1-800-568-2723.
- Free shipping.
- Better signal or industry-leading 90 money-back guaranteed. No questions asked.
- We want everyone to be satisfied, so we provide lifetime technical support and a 2-year warranty for all products.
Ask us anything and we'll be glad to help.