Machine to machine (M2M) is a growing industry as more networked devices (beyond smartphones & tablets) enter the market and enable smart products to "speak" to each other.
Many smart technology products have already entered the consumer side with encouraging success such as Nest Learning Thermostat, Apple Watch 2, and Amazon Echo.
And with smartphones being an essential part of our daily lives, it's predicted to be the gateway to an IoT (Internet of Things) future from controlling light bulb colors and dimness, monitoring low stock in the refrigerator, to even the self-driving cars, which is predicted to hit the limelight by 2021.
The Internet of Things is expected to be the next big thing as the internet moves beyond smartphones, PCs, and tablets to all facets of everything things & life.
You're Gonna Need A Bigger (Data) Boat
With the potential influx of internet-connected appliances and electronics, the need for more data, faster data is a real concern.
Most M2M connectivity solutions depend on wireless technology such as RFID, NFC, wi-fi, and cellular signals. While most in-home and consumer products will probably use wi-fi for wireless connectivity, for big businesses, enterprises, and industries, cellular solutions are the bigger bet.
Today we look at M2M cellular solutions.
Cellular M2M applications are used for many purposes such as:
- Remote monitoring & security
- Long-distance product control
- Fleet management: transport logistics & telematics
- Real-time device-to-device communications
- Automated two-way quality assurance solutions
Essentially, with lots of moving parts internally and externally, monitoring real-time data is a crucial part of any businesses that depends on cellular M2M.
Being connected 24/7 and having reliable service is about efficiency, speed, and the bottom line.
However in remote, rural areas or places of dense tall structures, it can adversely affect 3G & 4G LTE signals, because of cell tower distance and interference.
When that happens, everything gets disrupted with slow data to unreliable coverage and reception.
So what's the solution?
Boost Your 3G & 4G Cellular Data
The Wilson Electronics Signal 4G is an M2M signal booster that boosts poor cellular signals. Let's get an overview:
- Boosts 3G & 4G LTE cellular data.
- Compatible with all major US network carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.
- Bi-directional boosting to and from the cell tower for maximum output.
- Easy to install, compact design.
- Fits all types of M2M configurations and solutions.
With up to +15 dB of gain, that's potentially boosted signal up to 32X. From fleet management, security equipment, vending machines, and other two-way communcation electronics, a Wilson Signal 4G is able to get you the signal you need.
Read more about our complete M2M product line below:
- Wilson Signal 4G (460119) with wall outlet power supply.
- Wilson Signal 4G (460219) with hardwire power supply.
- Wilson Signal 3G (460109) with wall outlet power supply.
- Wilson Signal 3G (460309) with hardwire power supply.
New to boosters or need a good starting point, check out our guide: