Boosting signal to your iPhone and 4G capable iPad
So you've searched the internet, downloaded apps, contacted Apple, thought about switching carriers, and have looked up and down, but it's still the same result: poor cell phone reception.
Doesn't matter if it's an iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, 11, or even a 4G iPad Pro -- with no service, you've got a beautiful paperweight.
The question is why.
Is it your carrier's fault? Is your iPhone or iPad faulty? Do the antenna gods hate you?
It's actually a variety of reasons that are out of your control.
Cell phone signals are radio waves, the AM-FM kind. Like all radio waves, they are easily disrupted. Almost everything under the sun can alter, absorb, and block your 4G, LTE, and 3G signal.
Why does my iPhone have poor cell signal?
- Cell tower/site distance
- Outside interference: Trees, hills, mountains, valleys, and any tall structures natural or manmade.
- Building material: Metal, glass, rebar, concrete, brick, energy-efficient material, and other conductive material (electrical or magnetic).
- Internal building obstructions: Thick walls, plaster, drywall, wood and electrical devices & clutter, etc.
- Even weather like rain, snow, and thunderstorms.
All it takes is just one or any combination of these factors, and you'll be begging for one bar of 4G, LTE, or 3G signal.
But there is a way to improve your iPhone signal, and it can just as easily strengthen your iPad 4G signal, too.
The Solution: What are the best signal boosters for iPhone?
Everything changes with an iPhone antenna booster - and yes, it works for 4G capable iPads as well.
A signal booster takes any existing off-the-air 4G, LTE, and 3G signal and amplifies it up to 32X, then rebroadcasts the boosted signal into your home, office, or car...wherever you find yourself in need of a signal, yet struglling to find one.
It essentially bypasses all building material, amplifies it inside said building or vehicle, and allows for boosted signal to AND from the cell tower.
The results? Improved carrier service. Faster internet. Better talk & text.
Here are all the features and benefits of using an iPhone cell signal booster:
- Works for all cell phones and cellular devices, including iPhones and new 4G iPads (should you switch to Android, you're still get a boost).
- Carrier-proof: Works for all carriers in the USA and Canada.
- One-time purchase, no monthly fees.
- No need for WiFi or any broadband connection.
Do iPhone Signal Boosters Really Work?
Hey, why the asterisk?
You'll need existing cell phone signal outside your home.
A cell phone booster ENHANCES existing signal, it does not create it.
So here's a simple test. Are you running outside the home to make a call? Do you find your signal to be stronger outside your home than inside?
If so, then yes, a cell phone booster will work for you.
If you want to get very accurate, you can determine the precise measurement of your cell phone's signal strength and/or cell tower location.
For iOS 11 and above:
Check out this handy guide to read your iPhone's signal strength using a speed app.
For iOS 10 and below:
See this scientific and highly recommended way of reading your signal strength on your iPhone.
Do iPhone signal boosters work for iPads?
Absolutely. The iPad has evolved into the perfect portable computing device, now with 4G capabilities that receive the same signals as cell phones. But with this advanced technology comes a familiar struggle: How do I stay connected on the go?
Signal boosters save your iPhone from losing cell service, and now the best signal booster for iPhone 11 through 6 is also the secret to better 4G LTE iPad reception.
The same technology that keeps your cell phone signal strong on long car rides, in large buildings, and even at home can be used just as easily to ensure that your iPad doesn’t lose its connection when you need it most.
It’s true. The best iPhone signal boosters are also the best iPad signal boosters. It’s that simple.
Where can I use an iPad and iPhone signal booster?
Wilson Amplifiers offers a wide range of cell phone signal booster models — each tailored to your specific needs.
How Do I Choose the Best iPhone Signal Booster for Me?
Below are the top signal booster models for increasing your iPhone or iPad's signal and service at home, your office, or your vehicle.
The Best iPhone and iPad Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft. of coverage under best conditions
- Up to +65 dB of gain, with 21 dBm uplink and 12 dBm downlink
- Multiple accessories for maximum coverage and customization (sold separately)
- Complete coverage for multiple rooms or midsize home for all carriers across multiple devices
- Outdoor yagi antenna and indoor panel antenna configuration, with stylish fabric front
The weBoost Home MultiRoom is designed to cover several rooms, an entire floor, or a whole midsize, one-story home with signal. As its name suggests, you can expect multiple rooms of coverage with the unit assuming decent outside signal. Assuming flawless outside signal, you can expect up to 5,000 square feet of coverage, but in most situations you can expect 2,000-3,000 square feet of indoor coverage for your iPhone or iPad. If you live in a rural area with very weak outdoor signal, expect significantly reduced coverage. In fact, if you’re in an area with next to no signal, this is the lowest grade signal booster you should ever consider buying.
It features a nice, clean look, with an indoor antenna that won't stand out amid your existing home decor.
The weBoost Home MultiRoom boosts signal for all major North American carriers and phones, as well. Should you ever change carrier, or change to an Android phone, the weBoost Home MultiRoom will still work.
If you live in an extremely weak signal area, or have a really big house you want to cover, consider its sister product, the weBoost Home Complete.
- FREE shipping, no minimum purchase.
- 90 Day money back guarantee.
- Lifetime support.
iPhone Cell Phone Signal Booster For Car
The best Cell Phone Signal Booster for Car
- Up to +50 dB of gain - the max allowed for a mobile signal booster in North America
- Highest uplink output of any vehicle booster
- Works for all phones and all carriers
- Sleek, metallic exterior designed to displace excess heat for peak performance
- Better talk, text, and data speeds guaranteed
The weBoost Drive Reach is the newest, most powerful vehicle booster from Wilson Electronics.
A slim outside antenna picks up signal. An indiscreet inside antenna (usually Velcroed to the driver seat) broadcasts signal inside. You have to be about an arm's length to get the boosted signal, so it's best for your typical sedan, truck, or SUV.
This is the best booster for your iPhone or iPad no matter where you live, as not only does it reach farther to the cell towers for rural areas, but it does a better job handling more noisy, urban environments than other signal boosters on the market. Highly recommended.
How May We Help You?
Wilson Amplifiers is the leading provider of cell phone signal boosters. Cell phone boosters amplify 4G, LTE, and 3G for any phone with any carrier for home, office, or vehicle.
We seriously hate dropped calls and poor coverage, so it's our goal in life to stomp on spotty signal like the little roaches they are:
- Free consultation (ask us anything) with our US-based customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at 1-800-568-2723.
- Free shipping.
- Better signal or industry-leading 90 money-back guaranteed. No questions asked.
- We want everyone to be satisfied, so we provide lifetime technical support and a 2-year warranty for all products.
Ask us anything and we'll be glad to help.