Metro by T-Mobile (formerly MetroPCS) is one of the largest prepaid wireless carriers in the USA. As a T-Mobile subsidiary and MVNO, Metro also has extensive 3G & 4G LTE network coverage across America with reach up to 99% of the population that looks to only grow due to the T-Mobile/Sprint merger.
However, there are times when you're just not getting reliable service leading to dropped calls, slow internet, and spotty reception.
Lucky for you, there's a simple solution: just boost your Metro cell signal.
The Problem: Why Your Metro Coverage Is Weak
Cell phone signals are radio waves, the AM-FM kind. And like all wind and waves, they easily go in different directions without notice. Almost anything under the sun can change, absorb, and block your Metro service. Here are top 5 examples:
- Cell tower distance: Physical distance and power transmission distance
- Outside interference: Trees, hills, mountains, valleys, and tall structures.
- Building material: Metal (especially metal!), glass, concrete, brick, radiant barrier, and other conductive material (electrical or magnetic).
- Internal building obstructions: Thick walls, plaster, drywall, and other electrical devices & clutter, etc.
- Even weather (yup): Rain, thunderstorms, solar flares, etc.
Any combination of these problems can drastically reduce your service.
Doesn't matter if you're rural or urban area, poor cell phone signal affects us all.
The Solution: Boost Your Metro Cell Signal
Everything changes with a cell phone signal booster.
A cell phone signal booster takes any existing cell signal and amplifies up to 32X and then rebroadcasts the boosted signal into the home, office, or car.
It's simple: more bars, better service.
- Better Coverage: Think of a signal booster like a megaphone. It takes what you have and multiplies the performance.
- Reliable Reception: No more dropped calls, spotty service, and low quality calls.
- Consistent Service: Fast internet data, uploads, and downloads.
Metro Signal Boosters: Your Guarantees
Our recommended signal boosters are very versatile:
- Works for all Metro & T-Mobile cellular signal.
- Future proof: Also boosts signal for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, DISH, US Cellular and other major carriers.
- Works for all phones & cellular devices.
- Complete kits, easy to install.
- No monthly fees, no need to connect to wifi.
For homes, whether you're in a remote rural area with an off-the-grid cabin or cottage or the big city with difficult-to-get-signal buildings, our recommended cell phone boosters get the job done. They'll extend your Metro by T-Mobile network signal with low-cost options for 1-2 rooms up to 7,500 sq ft coverage depending on your model and outside signal.
Our vehicle signal boosters work for cars, sedans, RVs, and even boats.
Enterprise Metro by signal boosters cover up to 100,000+ sq ft buildings, although it takes a dedicated team of installers and planners to get the absolute best service.
Why be a servant to the cell tower? Bring the cell tower inside your home! Below are our top recommendations.
Metro Cell Phone Signal Booster For Home
The Best Metro Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft. of Metro coverage under best conditions
- Up to +65 dB of gain, with 21 dBm uplink and 12 dBm downlink
- Multiple accessories for maximum coverage and customization (sold separately)
- Complete coverage for multiple rooms or midsize home for all carriers across multiple devices
- Outdoor yagi antenna and indoor panel antenna configuration, with stylish fabric front
The weBoost Home MultiRoom is designed to cover several rooms, an entire floor, or a whole midsize, one-story home with Metro signal. As its name suggests, you can expect multiple rooms of coverage with the unit assuming decent outside Metro signal. Assuming flawless outside signal, you can expect up to 5,000 square feet of coverage, but in most situations you can expect 2,000-3,000 square feet of indoor Verizon coverage. If you live in a rural area with very weak outdoor signal, expect significantly reduced coverage. In fact, if you’re in an area with next to no signal, this is the lowest grade signal booster you should ever consider buying.
It features a nice, clean look, with an indoor antenna that won't stand out amid your existing home decor.
The weBoost Home MultiRoom not only boosts Metro signal, but all major North American carriers. Should you ever change carrier, the weBoost Home MultiRoom will still work.
If you live in an extremely weak signal area, have a really big house you want to cover, or just want your booster professionally installed, consider its sister product, the weBoost Installed Home Complete.
The Best Professionally Installed Signal Booster for Home
- Superior cell phone service for your entire home. 5G Ready
- Up to 7,500 sq. ft. of coverage under best conditions
- Up to +72 dB of gain, with 24 dBm uplink and 12 dBm downlink
- Multiple accessories for maximum coverage and customization (sold separately)
- Complete coverage for entire home for all carriers across multiple devices
- Outdoor yagi antenna and indoor panel antenna, with stylish fabric front
- Needs no WiFi connection or monthly fees. One time purchase.
Designed, as you might expect, to cover an entire home. The weBoost Installed Home Complete certainly has that power, fully capable of covering a large home with decent outside signal or a midsize home with weak outdoor signal. Expect up to 7,500 square feet of coverage with flawless outside signal, but a more reasonable estimate would be somewhere between 3,500 and 5,500 square feet. In addition, in order to really maximize your coverage, additional antennas are required, especially if you’re trying to cover more than one floor. If you live in a very weak signal rural area, this is your best option for decent coverage - you’ll probably be getting about 2,000 square feet from it.
There are two major considerations on whether or not to buy the weBoost Installed Home Complete . This booster works best for large residential homes, suburban or rural areas, and more. The effective coverage area will vary depending on the strength of your OUTSIDE signal, so it's important to understand – if you’re expecting 7,500 square feet of coverage but have only one bar outside your home, you won’t get it. Realistic expectations of coverage in that scenario are more like 2,500-4,000 square feet.
The other major consideration is whether or not you’d prefer to install it yourself, or have someone do it for you. The weBoost Installed Home Complete is the only consumer booster currently on the market that allows for a complete, professional installation at no extra cost to you.
Note that the installation is only available for residential buildings in the United States.
1-2 room coverage:
Improves Metro coverage up to 1,500 sq ft.
- High-powered range: Up to +60 dB gain for 32X stronger signal.
The weBoost Home Room is a nice cheap option if you're on a budget and only need spot coverage.
Depending on the outside signal, you may get 1-2 room coverage under best conditions. But you're not here because of best conditions, so it's more realistic to say desktop to small room coverage (about 250 to 500 sq ft).
Most customers have told us they're much closer to the inside antenna than anticipated for better signal. Great option for single office, home office (SOHO) and small areas like cabins and apartments. Good starter kit if you have decent outside signal but doesn't cover the whole home and not a strong performer in rural areas with poor signal.
Metro Cell Phone Signal Boosters For Cars and Other Vehicles
The best Metro Cell Phone Signal Booster for Car
- Up to +50 dB of gain - the max allowed for a mobile signal booster in North America
- Highest uplink output of any vehicle booster
- Works for all phones and all carriers, including Metro
- Sleek, metallic exterior designed to displace excess heat for peak performance
- Better talk, text, and data speeds guaranteed
The weBoost Drive Reach is the newest, most powerful vehicle booster from Wilson Electronics, and is an ace at boosting Metro signal.
A slim outside antenna picks up signal. A discreet inside antenna (usually Velcroed to the driver seat) broadcasts signal inside. You have to be about an arm's length to get the boosted signal, so it's best for your typical sedan, truck, or SUV.
This is the best booster no matter where you live, as not only does it reach farther to the cell towers for rural areas, but it does a better job handling more noisy, urban environments than other signal boosters on the market. Highly recommended for Metro customers.
- Boosts Voice, Text Message, 3G & 4G LTE Data
- For multiple cell devices
- Up to +50 dB Gain
The weBoost Drive X has 2x the uplink power compared to the Drive 4G, but less performance than the Drive Reach. At $50 less, however, it's still a good option if you're on a budget.
- Boosts Voice, Text Messages, and Metro Data
- For a single smartphone
- Up to +23 dB Gain
The weBoost Drive Sleek is about price and performance for the single user.
It uses a magnetic vent mount and when paired with a bluetooth headset, it really shines for regular talk & text and hands-free navigation.
Smartphone has to be in the cradle to get maximum signal boost. New design allows for wider smartphones and small tablets.
Metro Cell Phone Signal Boosters For Commercial Buildings
- Boosts Voice, Text Messages, 3G & 4G LTE Data
- For Commercial Building
- Up to +70 dB Gain
There are many cellular solutions for buildings with a range from 25K to 100K sq ft. This model happens to be the sweet spot with best coverage up to 35,000 sq ft. Many of our professional installers and their enterprise customers have been happy with this one.
- FREE shipping, no minimum purchase.
- 30 Day money back guarantee.
- Lifetime support.
Will a Metro by Signal Booster work with my Metro phone?
Whether it's an iPhone, Galaxy, Pixel, or any phone, if it's working on the Metro or T-Mobile network, then a Metro signal booster will also improve reception to your phone.
Will a Metro Signal Booster also improve my mobile hotspot?
Yes without question.
Improving your incoming 3G & 4G LTE service to your Metro phone will also improve its mobile hotspot service (also called personal hotspot, WiFi hotspot, and tethering) and mobile hotspot device like Alcatel LINKZONE or other 4G routers.
What if I switch carriers in the future?
Our Metro signal boosters from Wilson Electronics (weBoost & WilsonPro) are multi-carrier systems. This means they are also compatible with AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, and other major and local carriers.
They are future-proof!
What about Metro 5G service?
Yeah... about that.
The 5G standard has not been officially set by the 3GPP. Therefore carriers like Verizon and AT&T are pre-building our their 5G services by upgrading their current 4G LTE and giving it names like 5G Evolution, First on 5G, 5G+,etc.
But no, it's not the real 5G. It's pre-5G, fake 5G– it's literally 4G LTE on steroids.
The real 5G should launch by the end of 2020.
Will 5G make my Metro signal booster obsolete?
4G LTE is still being built out across North America. If fact, 4G LTE is the backbone of the nation's wireless service. It's not going anywhere anytime soon, AND it's getting faster.
4G LTE is expected to peak in 2030-2035. So...come back in a decade and ask the same question and we might have a different answer by then.
How May We Help You?
Wilson Amplifiers is the leading provider of cell phone signal boosters. Cell phone boosters amplify 3G & 4G LTE for any phone with any carrier for home, office, or vehicle.
We seriously hate dropped calls and poor coverage, so it's our goal in life to stomp on spotty signal like the little roaches they are:
- Free consultation (ask us anything) with our US-based customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at 1-800-568-2723.
- Free shipping.
- Better signal or industry-leading 90 money-back guaranteed. No questions asked.
- We want everyone to be satisfied, so we provide lifetime technical support and a 2-year warranty for all products.
Ask us anything and we'll be glad to help.